Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Do You Know HIM?

This morning I woke up before anyone else...at least 30 minutes before anyone else. Any of you who know my kids and know my schedule, this is not normal. It was great, sitting in complete silence before my God praying, dreaming, and thinking. My devotions took me to Song of Songs 6:8

"Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like blazing fire, like a mighty flame."

My God is jealous for me...He loves me that much that he is jealous for me. He gave his own son so that I could have eternal life. These concepts are simple, but this morning, for some reason they seemed so complex to me. Grasping this concept of a GOD who can love me SO much through all of my junk, through all that I fail to do and fail to offer back to Him.

I began to think of my kids...my three beautiful children that God has given to Hans and I. What if one of them were in danger, being hurt, not taken care of...? How would I respond? I would take action. I would say something. I would do something. I am jealous for them, and not in a prideful way.

Then, I got it...

I began to completely understand that amazing jealousy and love that He has for His children. WOW! We don't deserve it, but yet He gives it to us anyway. Thank you God. Thank you for you unfailing love.

Do you know HIM, the KING OF KINGS, the PRINCE OF PEACE, the MIGHTY GOD?



No comments:

Post a Comment