Wednesday, October 17, 2012

What's New?

I know what you're thinking...

Two blog posts in one week, it's a miracle! Well, perhaps it's a miracle or maybe just me trying to pass the time when it's rest time. :)

Just wanted to give you all an update on our lives.

Hans: He has been very busy lately with a few teams here. He's been working on odds and ends at one of the schools and helping with a new house being built outside of El Callejon. Each day I am amazed at the impact he has made on the community of El Callejon and the friendships he has made. Just this past week he asked if it would be alright for him to invite some of his Dominican friends over for a barbecue and to play dominoes...sure I thought, why not, should be fun! :) They were supposed to be here at 6:30, I think they showed up at 7:30 with a few more people than we had anticipated. Thankfully, I had asked a few American friends to come too and help with some food and so we had enough. Please continue to pray for Hans as he has one more group after this week, a two week outreach to finish out the year. Pray for endurance and strength to get the things done that need to be done before heading home for Christmas.


Jami: I have officially declared the title "stay at home mom and wife". I know I've been this for a while now, but I'm just now owning up to it. Ha! Things are good here at the homestead, very busy and overwhelming, but good. Besides being at home I am enjoying hanging out with friends for a break and also reading a book by Nancy Lee DeMoss called Brokenness, Surrender, Holiness with a group of women. I can't even begin to tell you how thankful I am for friends who love the Lord and are going through the same things I am.


Grady: Grady is in school all day now and has soccer practice three nights a week for an hour. He is LOVING soccer! Some friends let us borrow some shoes and shin guards and he hasn't stopped talking about them since he first saw them. He is doing great in school and reading away. He loves math the best...just like his dad!


Wyatt: What a change we have seen in our little man! We have taken him off all dyes and cut the sugar way down and his behavior has changed some. He is still busy and he is still a boy, but I feel like there's progress and that we truly have a better grasp on his behavior. Praise GOD! He is doing school with me at home and loves to learn. The one thing I am finding is that he HAS to be busy ALL the time. No down time for this little guy. As soon as it's time for free time or play time, he wants to do something else with me. :)


Ashlyn: Our baby girl is growing up so fast! She just turned three months last week. She is smiling, giggling a little bit, rolling over and only waking up one time in the night. We are loving every minute with her and enjoy having a little girl.



No comments:

Post a Comment