Monday, October 22, 2012

I want to be a FIREMAN

I must admit...this past week has been a rough one for me. Being home with two kids in a country and town with not a whole lot of activities for them makes for some pretty long days sometimes.

I have really been missing home lately. I have really been on edge. I haven't been the best wife and surely not the best mom. Thankful for God's grace and that his mercy is new EVERY day.

So, today I felt the need, after feeling like a crummy mom to my four year old, to write a letter to my sweet Wyatt.

Dear Wyatt Man,
I cannot believe how fast you are growing up. Some days I want to make you be a baby again and other days I'm excited to see how God is going to use you for HIS kingdom. Today, you told me...again, that you want to be a fireman when you grow up. This does not surprise me at all since you will play in the water for hours at a time if you get a chance. I love your sweet smile and your silly laugh. I love the way you love your sister and want to help out with her. I love how you adore your big brother and try to do everything he does. I love that you love your dad with everything that you have and that you would spend every day at work with him if you could. I love that you like to help me in the kitchen, baking, cooking, and even with the dishes. You have an amazing servant's heart that I know you will use serving God and others throughout your life.

Thank you for teaching me so many things about life. Thank you for loving me even when I'm not the best mom. Thank you for your strong willed personality that has grown me as a mom and helped me to understand why God wants me to be at home with you this year. Thank you for being you...I wouldn't change that for anything. I love you so much buddy!


No comments:

Post a Comment