Monday, October 15, 2012

Our World Needs Jesus!

Right now, my heart is heavy!

Some of you know...about a month ago, we got broken into while I was gone picking Grady up from school. They stole our computer, a camera, our video camera, and my wedding ring. :(

Then, about a week ago, our friends got broken into...while they were sleeping.

Then, we just found out today that someone attempted to break into another family's home during the night.

It's really tough to find the good in the midst of this while living in another country away from everything familiar. Sometimes I feel scared to be here by myself. Sometimes I feel afraid to let my boys play outside by themselves. And sometimes I'm even a little afraid to fall asleep at night.

Thankfully, God has words to encourage and comfort me.

Isaiah 41:13 "For I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, “Fear not, I am the one who helps you."

Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."

SO, when I heard of the third one today...I began to pray for this country and the person who is doing this and I felt like God was nudging me to LOVE, TRUST, OBEY and DO WHAT I AM HERE TO DO...SHOW HIS LOVE.


So today Wyatt and I put together these little packets. Inside each one is the gospel message in Spanish, two snacks, and 5 pesos. We decided that when we go to town and someone is asking for money this is what we'll give them. Or, if someone is at our gate asking for something we will give them one. Also, when we go to the big city and all they want is money...we will give them one.

Finding the good when something bad happens is hard, but it's what keeps us going and what God wants us to do.


2 comments:

  1. I admire you, Jami. And I'll be praying those verses over you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very timely for me. We, too, have been having robberies in our area and a neighbor in jail. I've been feeling very uneasy and trying to rest in the Lord and His protection.

    ReplyDelete