Wednesday, February 6, 2013

GO and DO the same

I am always asking God for ways to help out.
I am always looking for ways to be a blessing.
I am always trying to find new things to do.
I am always searching...

3:00 already...when did that sneak up on me. I had a great morning with our cleaning lady, skyping, some outside time with Wyatt, a great (kid free) lunch with Lindsay, and an afternoon of just restfulness. Then, it was time to go. It's always such a pain to wake Ashlyn up, as she's usually napping, to load her in her car seat. Then, to lock up all the locks and make sure all the windows are closed, open the gate, close the gate, lock the gate...sigh. ALL to get out of my house and onto the road. Most days I'm fine and I don't think about it...today I thought about it, and it frustrated me. So, as we're driving to get Grady from school I'm thinking today would be a good day to go to the park. The boys can plan, Ashlyn can watch everything, and I can just sit and enjoy the beautiful sun and mountains.

3:20 we pull into the park...I'm really looking forward to this today for some reason. I sit down, take a sip of my water, and I hear "Que linda, Dios de Bendiga, muneca" You see, everyone is always loving on my Ashlyn...and I do love it. Today it was two Haitian girls about 12 years old or so. They begin talking to her and then to me and after about five minutes they're sitting with me. Sweet girls, a little giggly...ok, a lot giggly, who just got out of school and we're on their way home. We were talking in Spanish, which was funny to me. My first language is English and theirs is Creole and we're talking in Spanish. :)

3:35 we're getting ready to leave...The girls ask for a ride home. There it was...my way to be a blessing, helping out, something to do. We all load up in the car. Both girls are smashed together in the front seat, still giggly. :) We drive about three minutes to the one girls house and she says (in Spanish) Come meet my mom. SO, I meet her mom and her three sisters who speak NO Spanish. That was interesting, a 12 year old girl was translating for me. We finally leave there after about 15 minutes and take the other girl home. We get to her house and the road is a dead end with no turn around. Did I mention it's only big enough for one car. Hmmmm...the boys did a really good job guiding me backwards down most of the road. Geesh! On the way out I heard the words "Americana" and "Amor" about 3 teams and I began to wonder why I was actually doing this. And then I remembered...

One of Wyatt's favorite books and stories in the bible, The Good Samiritan.

It's what we do people. We are Christians. We are disciples. We are followers of Christ. We love. We help. We bless.

BECAUSE that's what HE calls us to do.

When we ask...
When we look...
When we try...
When we search...

BIG things can happen and we can make a difference in the lives of HIS people.

...go and do the same! said Jesus.

It didn't seem like I did a lot. I just took two little girls home. I mean really, how hard was it. BUT, in their eyes it could've been the highlight of their day. I could have been the only other adult the mom talked to that day. WHO KNOWS! I just know that when God calls I want to answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment