Friday, July 13, 2012

Ashlyn's Story

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."


Ashlyn Reese Miller
July 11, 2012
11:20 p.m.
6 lbs. 8 ozs.
19 1/2 inches

This precious little girl
Is a blessing from the Lord
A beautiful expression of God’s grace
And what His love is for
May she grow before the Lord
As His princess that she is
For she has come into the world
For such a time as this

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.



Finding out that we were going to have a little girl was amazing and a little weird too. We knew what to do with boys! :) Every ultra sound we had we would ask, "Are you sure it's a girl?" And every time it was a YES.

We began going to a doctor in Santiago which is 45 minutes away from where we live over the mountain. Everything seemed to be great and we really liked him, and the hospital was great and up-to-date.

June rolled around and we heard two different stories of women having difficulties with this doctor and delivering naturally. We were approached by two friends who were concerned for us and the baby so we began to pray and rethink our options...at 38 1/2 weeks pregnant this was tough. We knew that God had an amazing plan for our little girl and so we put it in his hands.

We decided to meet and talk with Dr. Fernando who is our doctor that works with SI. After talking with him we decided our best option, at this late in the pregnancy, was to switch to him and have her here in Jarabacoa. At the beginning of my pregnancy I was scared to have her here in our small town, but God's peace came over me (and Hans) like none other. I had no fears, no worries, only faith that God's hand was covering all of us.


SO...here's how it went!

Starting Tuesday I began having some harder contractions...nothing regular.

Wednesday at 6 pm we headed to the base for dinner...still a few contractions, but again, nothing regular.

Wednesday at 7 pm we headed up to the chapel for a praise and worship night with staff and teams that were here. I began having some harder contractions and so I was timing them, seemed they were about 20 minutes apart...not fun! :)

The contractions continued that way until 9:30 or so. We returned home from bible study and I went to the bathroom and I had blood...I knew that was a good sign since that's how I knew I was in labor with Wyatt.

Called the doctor and he said to meet him at the clinic (yes, clinic, not hospital)

We dropped the boys off and were there by 10:20.

He checked me and by the look on his face I knew that things were progressing. He then said the words that every pregnant woman would love to hear..."You're dilated to a 7, almost 8 and she's going to be here within a couple of hours."

We headed up stairs, did some paper work, got into our room, and got hooked up to an i.v. Then, headed to labor and delivery where I heard some more great words. "You're now dilated to almost a 9."

At this point I still wasn't having any contractions that were really regular, but they were getting stronger. He gave me a little bit of pitocin to regulate them and broke my water.

Three hard contractions and on the fourth one I felt like I needed to push...ALREADY...that's what I was thinking.

One push and Hans said, "I see her head, and she has hair." Second push, head was out and third push, there she was...our sweet baby girl that we have been waiting for.

It was by far the fastest birth of my three!


So now, there are 5 of us...a husband and wife that love each and are seeking after God's will. Two very active, healthy, little boys. And, a sweet little princess who has captured our hearts.


Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one’s youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.
(Psalms 127:3-5 ESV)


God,
You have shown favor on us, you've loved us, you've provided for us, and cared for us. Thank you for your protection and for Ashlyn! We love you and give you our lives that you will continue to guide us in your ways.

4 comments:

  1. Oops, i thought she was born on the 12th. So she wasnt born on uncle davids birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Such a wonderful story!!! So cool that Dr. Fernando assisted with the birth of Ashlyn! Praise God that all went well--that was fast!!! We'll be praying for your transition to a family of 5!!!! --Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful story! She's beautiful. :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very glad for you and your happy family of 5! Welcome, little princess Ashlyn. God bless you, Hans & Jami, in this new little addition.
    Lots of love,
    Uncle Jerry & Aunt Ruby

    ReplyDelete