Thursday, June 14, 2012

One Year

Today marks one year of living in the Dominican Republic!



We've grown, we've changed, we've learned...

I came across this poem and I thought of what a journey we are all on in this life. We are all on the same journey to reach those who are lost...whether in the DR, in Michigan, in China, in Indiana, in Africa, in Costa Rica...there's one purpose!

As I reflect on this poem and leaving one year ago I am humbled and blessed at the fact that God has allowed us to live in this beautiful country and share His love with the Dominican people.

On The Way
By John R. Himes

There's a thunder of great engines,
Calling back to the homeland.
There's a stretch of lofting wings,
Reaching out a helping hand.
There's a quiver in the heart;
I wonder why I leave my land.
There's a longing for the future--
Many souls to feel God's hand.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your one year anniversary. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete