Friday, March 22, 2013

I'm Just So Mad

I'm sure most of you reading this have heard of the book, I'm Just So Mad. Well, today, I feel like titling my day "I'm Just So Tired". Actually, I think that pretty much sums up every day for me lately.

My 6 year old has Spanish homework every night...along with his regular classroom homework. And when I say homework I don't just mean something that will take him a few minutes and then he's done. Sometimes...my smart little man, who works so hard and quick, works for almost 30 minutes just on Spanish homework. And that's not the worst of it, normally, he needs help.

My 4 year old...we'll he's 4, that should explain a lot.

My baby girl, 8 months old, is busy to say the least, and she hasn't been sleeping or eating well due to teeth coming in.

It's go, go, go...as soon as I step out of my bed (which is normally between 6-7 each morning). Then, when bedtime rolls around I am so frustrated and tired and I just want some quiet time and to not think about anything that has to do with telling stories, poopy diapers, or Spanish homework.

I really love my life...I do! I love my husband (of almost 9 years) more than I ever imagined possible. I love my three healthy, beautiful babies so much. BUT, I'm tired.

This morning as I was reading my bible/devotional and writing in my journal I was just so negative about everything and I came to a verse, Mark 6: 30-32 "The apostles gathered around Jesus and reported to him all they had done and taught. Then, because so many people were coming and going that they did not even have a chance to eat, he said to them, “Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest.” So they went away by themselves in a boat to a solitary place”

I realized that I wasn't taking time to get away, time for just me (I know, seems selfish right). I wasn't taking care of me. I wasn't taking time to spend in the Word or time to just sit, think, listen, and pray.

Even if I do this and find time to do this...I'm still tired (physically), but I am a better wife, a better mom, a better friend, and most of all a better follower of the Man who created me.

I just want to encourage moms and dads to find time away...however it may work or whenever it may work. It's worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment