Friday, March 2, 2012

Walking in Worship

God has been teaching...

And I have been learning and trying to act.

As I know I've said before, "This bible study is kicking me in the butt...in a good way."

For the past eight weeks, I have been walking alongside about 9 other women in a study called Satisfy My Thirsty Soul. I didn't realize how much of an impact this book would have on my life. I have learned so much and I'm not even sure where to begin to tell you that I have changed and am changing.

I'll start from the beginning...way back. When God called us to become missionaries and then to the Dominican Republic I was SO excited, beyond excited, to know that I was going to be teaching in another country, helping teachers, doing all the things I loved with the talents that God has given me. After getting here and getting started God began changing my direction and eventually my heart.

Here's how...

Everything kept falling out of place with teaching stuff and into place with being a stay at home mom. ME???? A stay at home mom, that was the last thing I felt like God was calling me to. Little did I know that He really wanted to teach me so many things in the process. It's very hard for me to not feel like I'm giving my all in the ministry here in the DR, but why??? Aren't my kids just as important? Don't they need me and my Godly example? Whew...

So here's what I'm learning in a prayer to GOD:

God, I bow my life...I give everything I do to you and I worship you for who you are.
I bow my words...Everything I say, let it be pleasing to you and to those around me.
I bow my attitude...Help me to do everything as working for you and not for man, with a positive attitude.
I bow my work...Let me be thankful for the work you have given me and help me to worship you whether I am discipling a Dominican or playing with my boys.
AMEN.

On a much lighter note...

Some pictures of what's going on with us lately.

\
Happy Birthday Lindsay! These four women have become such great friends and I am thankful for their Godly wisdom and example in my life.

My first attempt at homemade biscuits...they were pretty good!

Oh how they are growing!!! The boys are ready for the new church we are now attending. We had been attending a Spanish speaking church for the first several months of being here and we were just having such a hard time wanting to go and understanding completely, so we are now going to an English speaking church and it feels so good to worship in our heart language. The boys love it too...a day of hanging with friends and speaking English. :)

Wyatt was very excited about his new wall stickers from grandma.


Next update I will have some new pictures of the Social Work Site...Hans hasn't taken any of the whole building in a week or two!!! Check out his page for any updated ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment